Announcement

This blog has officially moved to www.sarasaysboutique.com/blog
Please visit!

Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What's For Dinner? Baked Fish and Feta Recipe Your Family Will Love

I just made this again last night...for about the fourth time for us.
This dish is so delicious for a fish entree.  I have a hard time liking baked fish rather than fried or grilled.  Anything fried or grilled is good! 
But we all know we need to eat fish for good health and not always fried either.  Since it's cold out, grilling is not too much fun.
Well, my family loves this fish dinner.  They all eat it. Besides,  this dish sort of looks like pizza!  That's what my four year old said anyway.  It's got the peppers and feta cheese browned on the top of a white meat fish (tilapia).  So it really does look like pizza.


The recipe came from a cookbook of the Assistance League in Birmingham, AL
Here is the recipe:

2 T olive oil
2 med. onions, sliced in thin strips
1 small red sweet pepper, thin strips
1 small green pepper, thin strips
(I also used yellow peppers which my family likes best)
2 large tomatoes, cut into thin wedges (I only had one)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 lbs. fish fillets (any firm white fish such as grouper, tilapia, or sea bass) I used tilapia.
1 8 oz package of feta cheese, crumbled (I only used about 1/2 cup)
1 T fresh parsley, minced  ( I didn't have any)
Salt and pepper to taste

Saute onions and peppers in olive oil for approx. 5 minutes or until crisp tender.  Remove skillet from heat and stir in sliced tomatoes and garlic.

Arrange fish into a greased 9 X 13 in. baking dish.  Top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with feta cheese.  Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.  To serve, sprinkle with parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.  Yield: 4-6 servings.



Yum.
Enjoy!

No comments: